Below is a schedule of events where I plan to speak about my book and about the sport. Please see the schedule in the column to the right, “My 2017 Race Calendar,” to see where I’ll be participating as a competitor or pacer.
You can order my book and read more about it through this post. Additionally, check out this media coverage:
– Trail Runner Magazine excerpt from book, “What It Takes to Be An Ultrarunner”
– Trail Sisters Review: This influential, grassroots women’s-running site called the book a “must-have” and wrote, “The attention to detail, along with beautiful photos and an easy-to-read format, reminds me of running all day in the mountains with your BFFs and sharing valuable trail experiences …. Sarah has managed to cover everything and anything having to do with trail and ultra running in an accessible format. … She also includes the intangibles of our trail-running culture.”
– Scott Dunlap’s review: he called it “hilarious” and “wonderful.”
– Liza Howard’s review: Liza is a highly respected ultrarunner and coach, and she writes: “Sarah’s book will remind you how fun it is to delve deeply into something. It’ll also remind you how satisfying it is to read something that has been put together thoughtfully and is well written. The book has all the information someone new to trail running might need to run trails safely and successfully. … Sarah’s deftness at weaving stories and examples throughout the book really makes it an engaging read for longtime runners too. Its layout is superb, and it’s easy for runners to find specific information. The scope of the book is so broad, there really is something for everyone.”
– RunUltra UK post and excerpt: This UK-based ultrarunning site published an excerpt from the book, along with an intro describing my stage-racing experience, “How to Judge Mid-Ultra Whether to Tough It Out or Quit.”
– REI’s Trail Run Project Blog: A Q&A with me about trail running, the book, and my training/racing advice.
– “How to Transition From the Road to the Trail,” an excerpt from the book’s Chapter 1 published on the women’s health and fitness site Fit Bottomed Girls.
Sunday, July 9, 5pm, Wilkinson Public Library in Telluride, CO: A reading & presentation co-hosted by Between the Covers Bookstore and Wilkinson Public Library. To kick off the Hardrock 100 week, I’ll share family history about the San Juan Mountains along with lessons from the book about how to cultivate the mindset and fitness for mountain/ultra/trail running.
Thursday, July 27, and Friday, July 28, Outdoor Retailer in Salt Lake City, UT: I’ll attend the Outdoor Retailer show, and on Friday, July 28, 10am, I’ll be at the Ultimate Direction booth to sign books and talk to conference attendees.
Friday, October 6, evening in Kanab, Utah: I’ll be the featured speaker on Day 2 of the three-day Grand Circle Trail Fest.
Saturday, April 22, 5pm. Trails in Motion Film Festival, Walnut Creek.
Wednesday, May 31, 7pm. Book launch party and reading! A Great Good Place for Books, Oakland.
I really appreciate shout-outs on social media like this: